by Amelie William
Other than noisy neighbors and almost zero outdoor space, you are dealing with relatively tight indoor space when you opt to live in an apartment. Inspite of crammed living spaces, you can create a pleasing space with a few practical tips.
1. Transform With Drapes
When used in the right way, drapes can transform the size of your room. Even if your windows are small, consider using long drapes to create an illusion of spaciousness. Using extended drapes for smaller windows will only give the window an airy feeling.
Photo credit: jlogandesign.com
2. Accentuate With Mirrors
Mirrors work wonders in a small space since mirrors reflect light when placed in a well-lit room. Consider adding glamorous mirrors in your living room and bedroom to make it look airy and spacious. Mirrors when placed near a room window can reflect an abundance of natural light into your home.
3. Invest In Lighting
Other than the ceiling light fixtures that come with your apartment, consider these extra lightings;
1. Lamps to use on side tables, side tables and nightstands.
2. Pendant lights on dining tables
3. Floor lamps to illuminate the dark corners of your home.
4. Plug-in wall sconces for hallways, living rooms and bedrooms.
5. Cabinet and under-cabinet lighting to illuminate the dark areas of your kitchen.
4. Alter With Rugs
Runners, area rugs, rectangular rugs, oval rugs and round rugs; divulge a great deal of charisma by adding rugs to your home. Since rugs suit every nook and corner of your home, you would love to check out beautiful hand-woven rugs. When you buy straight from the manufacturer, you are sure to find the best collection of genuine wholesale rugs; to suit your home and taste.
Photo credit: tiffanyleighinteriordesign.blogspot.com
5. Use Lightweight Furniture
Colorful garden stools and garden coffee tables are not just for outdoors. Add colour and interest by adding lightweight garden furniture to your apartment. These kinds of furniture are not only trendy, but they are easy to carry and move around the house when compared to massive furniture.
Photo credit: smartfurniture.com
6. Change What You Can
What if you did not get a chance to choose the massive articles of your apartment? You can always change minute aspects to make an enormous impact;
- Change bathroom fixtures like showerheads, faucets and toilet seats.
- Give your kitchen a makeover with a trendy backsplash and by replacing cabinet handles.
- Consider changing the look of your bathroom & kitchen tiles by using tile tattoos of your choice.
- When you cannot paint your walls, paint inexpensive furniture white or a surprising colour.
- Give your sink a new look by covering clumsy plumbing work with an elegant screen.
7. Create A Statement Wall
Adorning walls is a convenient option to decorate your space. An accent wall can serve as a perfect decorative focal point. From removable wall decals and paintings to wallpapers, there are various ways to create a statement wall without harming your rental agreement.
Photo credit: apartmenttherapy.com
8. Personalize Your Space
Rented or leased, your apartment is a place in which you are going to live for quite some time. So why not personalize your space? Personalizing your space could involve adding any detail that belongs to your;
1. Framed or bannered, consider setting-up a family pictures gallery on your wall.
2. Create layers by adding two or more fabrics on your floor and furniture.
3. Flaunt your green thumb by opting for indoor plants.
4. Use vertical or floating racks to put-up your collection for a display.
5. Show-off your DIY skills by displaying your handicrafts.